openbsd build issues
Someone on IRC asked about bro on openbsd issues. I took a look and here is what I have found so far. There are 3 issues:
bro needs the libbind port installed to build, but cmake has trouble finding it
Changing FindBIND.cmake lets configure works:
This probably needs to be
or such to not break other platforms
The second is that
does not exist in the version of pcap it has (though I did my testing on openbsd 5.5 so the latest (5.8) may be different)
Finally, openbsd does not have
so src/broxygen/Manager.cc does not build. I ifdef'd it out most of
and bro built ok after that. I'm not sure what it is doing there anyway..
Yeah, the problem is that installing libbind doesn't work because cmake can't find it.
gfind should fix the plugin scripts though.
Whatever is wrong with 'bifs.enable_raw_output' is likely what is breaking most of the other tests.
We should be able to work out a few fixes that at least gets a clean checkout of bro to build on openbsd, then work on the test failures. They may be an indication that we are relying on some platform specific features without realizing it.
The openbsd port of bro is still on 1.4 and hasn't been updated since 2011
Trying to get the test suite to run:
to get it to find python..
The testing makefile fails with:
apparently you need 6 X's. same for aux/btest/sphinx/btest-rst-cmd
even though it seems to run fine, it outputs
every time you run it, which is making btest think every test failed.. I added
to btest-diff in 2 places as a hack to work around that... and it is still showing up in some places..
Plugin testing looks to be broken:
32 of 802 tests failed, 61 skipped